When you install Windows 10, there are a few games & apps come pre-installed along with the Windows installation. For instance, you may find Microsoft Solitaire Collection, Bubble Witch 3, and many more, getting installed. However, the term “free preinstalled apps” comes with many restrictions, which doesn’t make Windows 10 entirely free.
Microsoft lets you install its new and fresh operating system at free of cost as long you’re upgrading a PC already running a reliable copy of Windows 7 or Windows 8.x. Additionally, the software giant is also letting computer manufacturers install Windows 10 for free on passing devices, which also helps to decrease prices and stay ambitious.
Uninstall the inbuilt Apps & Games in Windows 10 using Settings
While you can always choose to right-click on the Game or App icon in the Start Menu and tap Uninstall, they can also be uninstalled via Settings. If you want to remove preinstalled Apps & Games from your Windows 10 device, follow these steps:
- Press the Win + I button simultaneously to open Windows 10 Settings.
- In Settings, go to Apps and click Apps & features option.
- On your right-hand side, you will find all of the installed games and apps which you got with the Windows 10 installation.
- Select an app and click the “Advanced” options button.
- After that, tap on the Uninstall button.
- Tap on the Uninstall button once more for confirmation.
- That’s all! Now, your selected app will be uninstalled right away.
Note: However, this guide is effective for uninstalling the most applications, but you may not be able to uninstall all of the preinstalled apps such as Camera, Calculator, Mail and Calendar, Maps, and a few more. Thus, the apps like SketchBook, Spotify, as well as any Microsoft Edge extension and more can be uninstalled by using this method.
All the best! Thank you for reading this post. We hope this information is going to be helpful to you.